PTCL technology solution provider, Inbox Business Technologies and Viptela, a Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) company, have entered into a partnership to set up SD-WAN infrastructures for businesses and service providers in Pakistan.
Inbox has signed country’s biggest telecommunication service provider, PTCL as its first Viptela customer in Pakistan.
The Viptela SD-WAN platform will enable Inbox to combine private and public IP connections such as broadband, ethernet, LTE, wireless and MPLS. This will meet the requirements based on geographic location, bandwidth and topology needs. Saad Waraich Chief Technology and Information Officer at PTCL said,
“Viptela’s platform is bleeding edge technology. What also excites us is that it allows us to dramatically improve time to new services. As a company committed to innovation Viptela was the obvious choice to empower our business.”
Viptela delivers end-to-end network visualization in WAN, provides security and removes the challenges associated with cloud migration to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS). CEO of Viptela Amir Khan said,
“The Viptela platform enables Inbox to deploy hybrid WANs that meet both carrier and enterprise network security, agility and performance requirements. We are pleased to be partnering with one of Pakistan’s top integrators and to count Pakistan’s leading telecommunication company as our first joint customer.”
Viptela will provide following capabilities to Inbox:
- Virtualized WAN services at a 50% lower cost, with 10x more bandwidth and 5x higher voice and cloud performance than alternatives.
- Centralized management can deploy changes in service policies in minutes.
- Application performance and service availability will enable informed decisions on resource utilization and application tuning
- Strong security and network encryption
- Service-chaining: Enables add-on L4 – L7 services including WAN optimization, firewalls and data leak prevention
Inbox Technologies is the leading digital service and IT solution provider of Pakistan with PTCL as its biggest customer.
Viptela, US-based SD-WAN technology provider, allows global companies to build cost-effective WANs. The company has been named a Next Billion Dollar Startup by Forbes.
Source: Press Release
The post PTCL partners with Viptela to deliver Software-Defined WANs in Pakistan appeared first on TechJuice.