Do you aspire to be a future leader, decision maker or opinion former in Pakistan? Are you a mid-career professional interested in studying for a fully-funded Masters degree in the UK? If you think you have leadership potential, then you should apply for a Chevening Scholarship.
What is the Chevening Scholarship Programme?
Chevening is the UK government’s International Awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of awards – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships. The recipients of these awards are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
The Chevening Scholarship Programme provides funding for one year Master’s degrees in various subject areas at any UK university. You can find a program for yourself here.
Furthermore, the following fellowships are also open for applications:
- Chevening/British Library Fellowship which offers international experts a year-long professional research placement and exposure to extensive library collections.
- Chevening/Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship is aimed at mid-career professionals who work on promoting an informed understanding of the culture and civilization of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
Am I eligible for the Scholarship?
The Chevening website has a lot of self-explanatory material which can serve as a guide for aspirants. However, here are some major points which will help you decide whether this scholarship is for you:
- The Chevening Scholarship Programme is aimed at graduates who have a Masters or a 4-year undergraduate degree with a 2-year experience working in their chosen area. If you happen to be in your final year of undergraduate studies, this may not be the right program for you.
- You need to have a CGPA that is the British equivalent of a 2:1 honors. However, certain universities have no reservations on a lesser CGPA.
- You would need to take the IELTS for which an overall band of 6.5 with no individual band less than 5.5 is acceptable. You may also have to take an alternate test if that is what a university of your interest requires.
- You would need great reference letters to strengthen your application.
What costs does the Scholarship cover?
If you’re selected, Chevening covers the following costs for you:
- University tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Travel costs to/from the UK
- Arrival allowance
- Homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
How can I apply?
If you have decided that this is the right scholarship for you then go ahead and apply online here. The website will provide you step-by-step updates and instructions throughout the process. The deadline to apply for Scholarships and Fellowships is 8th November 2016 till 12:00 GMT (midday UK Time). All applications are to be submitted online and hard copies of applications forms will not be entertained.
The post Apply for the fully funded Chevening Scholarship to study in the UK appeared first on TechJuice.