Acne is an issue a lot of us face on a daily basis. It can affect us a lot more than we think as it can cause discomfort as well as other physiological problems. The problem, although associated with one’s teenage years, may persist well into adulthood. There are reportedly millions of cases of acne each year, each case with its own set of problems accompanying the acne. For a lot of people, there seems to be no way out of the nightmare, however, the way out is actually quite easy. Here we are sharing How to Make DIY Acne Masks.
In order to get rid of acne, one must first understand what acne is. Acne is caused by bacteria living under the skin. What often happens is that our oil pores get shut down due to hair follicles blocking them or due to dead skin cells or white or blackheads blocking the entrance to the pores. This causes all of the extra oil to be stuck inside the pores for longer amounts of time, and with no outlet to let the oils to the skin, the skin on the outside dries up without sufficient moisture causing wrinkles, acne scars and other such skin problems. Inside the pores, the bacteria start breeding, giving rise to acne. If not cleaned properly, the bacteria can be spread all over ones face very easily, giving rise to acne outbursts.
Homemade DIY Acne Masks To Treat Skin Problems
Before sharing the DIY acne masks. First, discuss what causes the acne. Sometimes hormones are to be blamed for it too, as an excess of hormones may cause inflammation in the skin. This can be due to high levels of stress; however, this might also be genetic in some people, or due to prolonged exposure to the sun. Whatever the case may be, in the end, it is the skin that suffers the wrath of our negligence.
There are a number of solutions to this problem, the easiest of them being a regular shower to clean out all your pores and to get rid of the layer of dust and dead cells accumulated on the skin. However, if the condition of your skin seems to be worse, it is important to see a dermatologist as professional help is always good. You can also check does proactive really work.
Most of us grew up around old wives’ tales of magical home remedies for any and all ailments, ranging from using garlic scrubs to eating more sugars, however, most of these are simply myths. There are ways to get rid of acne that doesn’t necessarily require you going to a cosmetic store and spending money on facial scrubs.
Cucumber as a mask
Following are a few routines you could follow at home to achieve the same results as any good scrub:
One of the best ways to curb breakouts is to use cucumber.
- Grating an unpeeled cucumber and mixing it with half a tablespoon of baking soda will give you a very efficient home-made alternative to facial scrubs. Apply it to your skin and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- After the skin has absorbed it, just rinse it off with warm water. If applied regularly, this solution can help curb outbursts of acne to a great extent. This also helps balance the pH levels of the skin, which is an important contributor to acne problems. The cucumber in the solution is essential for providing vitamins to your skin, whereas the baking soda helps in exfoliating the skin and getting rid of dead skin cells on the surface. There are a lot of similar remedies found on the internet, such as:
- If you have oily skin, there is another remedy that might help with that. Grating an unpeeled cucumber and juicing it will give you some cucumber juice that is very rich in essential minerals but is not very absorbable.
- Mixing it with protein-rich egg whites can give you very good scrub. Apply this to your face and let it rest for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. This will help purify oily skin, which would reduce the acne and help curb outbursts. Regular use can bring about a drastic reduction in acne outbursts.
So far, we’ve only worked on the skin itself, but as you might remember, acne is caused by bacteria, and in order to fight off those bacteria, one needs some form of treatment. Inability to find such treatment would mean you must resort to home remedies. Luckily, garlic and olive oil make a very good combination to fight bacteria. Take 3 cloves of garlic, mince them and mix them with olive oil. After that, use a cloth to apply the mixture (not directly) to the problem area and leave it for a while. Once it is washed off with cold water, it will take most of the bacteria with it. Prolonged or repetitive use would result in a reduction in outbursts.
Hope these DIY Acne Masks have helped you. Keep visiting us for more skin care remedies.
See More As:
- Best & easy tips to get long lashes naturally at home
- Fast Homemade remedies to remove the blackheads
- Latest Fall Winter Makeup Tips & Trends
- How to get smooth fairer skin in winters
- Top 10 DIY Night creams to whiten skin
The post How to Make DIY Acne Masks To Treat Skin Problems appeared first on StylesGap.com.