China Mobile Pakistan-Zong, under its O2O project, has partnered with UBL to enable its subscribers to recharge their accounts and pay Post-paid Bills online.
The partnership will enable the customers of Zong to enjoy a unique and industry first service that allows subscribers to make payments via their Debit or Credit cards (powered by MasterCard/VISA) to avail the Online Recharge or Bill Payment option regardless of the card issuing bank.
Put in other words, You will simply need a credit or debit card, and an internet connection of course, to recharge your prepaid and postpaid Zong connection.
Simplifying service availability and establishing an alternative channel, the option is meant to introduce a fast and effective way for the subscribers to reach Zong.
Expressing here delight on the occasion, Mr. Sikandar Naqi, Chief Public Relation Officer, Zong said, “At Zong, we believe in continuous progress and innovation, which in turn means better services and facility for our esteemed customers. This new billing system in partnership with UBL is just another example of our dedication towards providing better and time efficient services to our subscribers. Through such endeavors we show our commitment towards taking the telecom services in Pakistan to the next level.”
Speaking on the occasion, Syed Taha Afzal, Head Consumer Finance, UBL, said “We are pleased to announce that UBL is the first bank to offer a facility like this and with this collaboration we have opened new avenues in the payment industry. As a merchant acquirer, UBL will offer cardholders unmatched convenience with regard to Zong post bill payment options and Zong recharge.”
Mr. Afzal also added that the most attractive feature of this agreement was that this service is not limited to UBL cardholders and can be availed by any VISA/MasterCard Debit or Credit cardholder.
How to Recharge Your Zong Number Online?
To recharge your Zong (Prepaid and Postpaid) number online, follow these steps:
Step 1: You will have to visit zong.com.pk, click on top up top up tab & follow the below mentioned instructions to avail the Online Recharge or Bill Payment facility
- On next page, Select subscription type i.e. Prepaid or Postpaid
- Enter the amount that you want to recharge, your mobile number in the specified format and click button to send Pin
- In response you will receive a Pin code via SMS.
- Enter this code into the “Pin code received on SMS” field and click Recharge
Step 3: You will be redirected to a second page powered by UBL and Etisalat which requires you to enter your card account details i.e. your Card Number, Card Expiry date and CVV2 Code (3 digit code at the back of your Card)
A confirmation message will be displayed after your transaction is successful
- Some Banks require you to activate a session for online transactions through a call on their helpline.
- If your transaction is denied, please contact your card issuing bank to activate the session for online transactions
Terms & Conditions:
- The maximum amount that can be transacted on any one number in any 24 hour period is PKR 999 for Pre-paid and PKR 2,000 for Post-paid
- You can only do a maximum of two transactions (whether Pre-paid or Post-paid) using the same Credit/Debit Card in any 24 hour period
- Please note that Zong on its website does not require you to enter any of your Card Account Details and consequentially does not store or maintain your card details to ensure card account information security. The Card details required during the transaction are entered on a portal maintained by a third party (Etisalat) under global recognized PCIDSS requirements (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards)
- Please do not in any way whatsoever give your Card Account details to anyone or on any suspicious websites, including any person representing to be a part of Zong’s workforce, whether on Zong’s authorized touch-points (310, Web Chat etc.) or otherwise
- There is no refund or reversal of your transaction, so please verify the transaction amount before your proceed
- Please ensure that your power supply and Internet connection remain active through the transaction
- If you believe that an amount has been deducted, but the recharge amount has not been credited into your account, please dial 310 to lodge a complaint
- You must use your own card to make payment online. In case, payment is made through any counterfeit or stolen credit / debit card, Zong reserves the right to block the service and recover the dues
The post Zong Offers its Customers to Recharge Online with Credit or Debit Card appeared first on .