Allied Bank has rolled out a new service offering that will enable its customers to carry out all kind of financial transactions through SMS.
A statement issued by the bank said that Bank customers can now manage their Allied Bank Accounts using any mobile phone, having send/receive SMS facility, without requiring internet or GPRS.
Allied bank claimed that with “Allied SMS Banking” the mobile transactions will be security and convenient for customers. Financial transactions, the bank said, are secured by a secret Mobile Pin (mPIN). All ‘push messages’ – messages sent by the Bank – will never contain any confidential information about you or your accounts, unless specifically requested.
“With the successful launch of this service, Allied Bank stands committed to continuously providing latest and innovative banking solutions to its customers,” said Khawaja Mohammad Almas, Chief, Commercial & Retail Banking Group, Allied Bank and added: “Allied SMS Banking supports the financial inclusion movement by extending public access towards banking services using the most adaptive mobile phone technology.”
ABL had contracted Sybase and Abacus Consulting for provision of SMS banking services.
Allied SMS Banking aims to compete with branchless banking services. With its offering of transacting financial activities through SMS, a wider audience with limited access to Bank Branches will now be able to maintain and manage bank accounts.
Following services can be performed via SMS:
- Balance Inquiry
- Intra Bank Funds Transfer (ABL to ABL)
- Utility Bill Payment (KESC, LESCO, SNGPL & SSGC)
- Mobile Bill Payment for both Pre-Paid and Post-Paid (Ufone, Telenor &Warid)
How to Avail SMS Banking:
- All Allied Bank customers can avail the service by sending an SMS to 9080.
- Registration on Allied SMS Banking service is free of charge; users will only be subject to the standard SMS usage fee.
- Registration is available to all Allied Bank’s customers, who are advised to visit any nearest Allied Bank’s branch to sign up for Allied SMS Banking.
- Please note that:
- Only one phone number can be registered per account
- Once users have registered, they will receive an automated call to set their mPIN
- Once you complete the online registration process, the service is available for immediate use
The post Allied Bank Offers All Kind of Banking Services over SMS appeared first on .